Global SmartHands & IMAC: On-Demand, On-Site Tech Expertise for IT Projects
Available throughout North America, EMEA, LATAM and APAC, XSi SmartHands & IMAC provides onsite technical expertise and support for any server, data storage, networking, or UPS hardware projects or requirements. XSi SmartHands is available 24x7x365 and is often relied upon by clients for minimally-staffed branch or remote offices and can eliminate the need to use or hire full-time, expensive technicians for temporary or short projects. Similarly, hardware Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes (IMAC) are a set of tasks that enterprise IT teams regularly perform to keep computing (networking, servers, data storage, UPS) equipment up-to-date and aligned with internal user requirements. Such tasks can be cost-effectively outsourced to XSi’s globally deployed (and Top Secret cleared) hardware technical experts, relieving internal tech teams for higher priority tasks. This XSi service is often used to save internal teams from the travel time associated with visits to offsite DR locations, branch or remote locations. XSi SmartHands and IMAC services are available for data center hardware and End-User Compute devices.
IMAC or Smart Hands may refer to a small alteration, such as upgrading a single network switch or a large and involved upgrade such as decommissioning servers in one location and recommissioning and configuring those servers in another location. IMAC is a commonly used term in network administration where incremental changes occur quite frequently. However, XSi recognizes that such tasks also occur in the data center environment where internal staff may be stretched thin or unable to fully address the desired time window requirement.
Think of XSi SmartHands & IMAC as a way of extending your existing technical staff’s capabilities, yet doing so simply and without impact to your staffing budgets.
Here are a few Smart Hands examples of what XSi clients commonly request
- After the purchase of pre-owned servers/storage, full installation until deemed fully operational by your staff.
- OS installations, when proper authority is granted, on servers/storage along with patch updates installation, as per the agreed-upon project plan.
- Network switch/router installs and full configuration.
- Shutdown and move (or decommission) a single server/storage asset (or group of) to a new location onsite, across town, across the country.
- Re-install assets deemed fully operational by your staff.
- After consultation and agreement, deploy changes to hardware assets to meet objectives for efficiency, cost containment, greater security or resiliency.
- Tech visits to remote/branch offices to troubleshoot known issues or check on assets that are not call-home capable.
- Technical assistance to supplement your tech teams to allow for the timely completion of any server, storage, networking or UPS project.
- Technical leadership for short-term projects which your staff are unable to address in the timeframe desired or required.
- Assistance throughout the timely deployment of a new technology for which company executives have grown impatient (e.g., Cisco VoIP).
- Helpful Blog: Top 15 Ways to Utilize XSi’s Smart Hands
XSi SmartHands & IMAC: Features & Benefits
XSi Service Summary
XSi provides Smart Hands & IMAC (Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes) for clients needing on-demand and on-site technical (globally-deployed) expertise for enterprise IT and EUC hardware projects. Whether long-term, short-term, multi-site and complex or a single project, this XSi service frees up internal staff, ensures deadlines are met and ensures the right level of technical expertise is assigned to each task – an overall wiser use of technical labor. In addition to Smart Hands or IMAC services, XSi can provide IT hardware maintenance services to extend the lifecycles of data center or network assets for as long as the client may choose. XSi welcomes RFPs and RFIs for Smart Hands or IMAC support.
XSi SmartHands & IMAC Features
- Multi-Tier SLAs
- On-demand technical expertise where project requirements are matched to necessary technical expertise
- Available for data center/networking/End-User Compute environments
- Scheduled labor
- Globally-deployed technical expertise, with available TS (Top Secret) clearance
- Same/Next day Smart Hands service availability
- Minimum per dispatch (for Smart Hands or IMAC)
- Optional add-on-services: R2v3 Certified IT Asset Disposition and Independent Hardware Maintenance for servers, data storage and network hardware
XSi SmartHands & IMAC Benefits
- Global Smart Hands experience in commercial, federal, healthcare, industrial, manufacturing, and corporate implementations
- Project management of all deployment complexities
- Partner with our in-house team of CCIE-certified engineers to design back-end wireless network configuration and security
- A customizable suite of add-on IT services that allow for additional cost savings, proactive planning, and enhanced decision-making
- Smart Hands or IMAC Services available for Enterprise/EUC equipment
- XSi welcomes RFPs and RFIs for Smart Hands and IMAC services.
- XSi SmartHands & IMAC services are available in:
- North America countries (including: Canada, Mexico United States)
- EMEA countries (including: Austria, Belgium, Cypress, Denmark, Dubai, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE (United Arab Emirates), UK (United Kingdom)
- LATAM countries (including: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Tobago)
- APAC countries (including: Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam)