Independent Sun Storage (Oracle Storage) Support & Maintenance Solutions from XSI
Oracle (Sun storage) hardware generally become available for lower-cost XSi maintenance following warranty expiration, or when the manufacturer provides End-of-Life (EoL) announcements. For these post-warranty Sun storage assets, cost-savings typically run 60-80% lower than OEM pricing, without sacrifice to service quality. Hardware maintenance agreements can be directly purchased by commercial entities or Federal entities via Carahsoft, our federal distributor.
XSi’s Oracle Sun Storage Maintenance Features
- 24x7x365 Call Center (US-based) and case management portal powered by ServiceNow.
- Global presence of Multi-OEM trained, cleared field engineers backed by L3/L4 tech expertise
- No-Wait-ServiceSM – support coverage guarantee for storage assets awaiting a formal addition to the contract
- Onsite stocking is provided at no extra charge, if warranted by SLA
- Defective Media Retention is included in all contracts
- IT Asset Management Best-Practice Leadership
- Progressive, Just-in-Case (vs. Just-in-Time) parts sparing
- Custom-designed sparing models to match chosen SLAs
- CMDB – Asset tracking with key milestone dates for entire install base, and customized reporting
- For Sun storage systems which provide native notification capability, re-routing is possible, simple-to-deploy and included in the on-boarding process.
- XSi can provide Professional Services for Sun/STK storage systems:
- Project-based SmartHands or IMAC (Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes), as requested, for any of these assets. No Project is too large or too small.
- Fully certified and secure IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) services, available in North America, EMEA, LATAM and APAC regions.
XSi Oracle Storage Support Benefits
- Average 60+% savings for all eligible Sun storage and StorageTek hardware
- Independent Sun Storage (Oracle storage support and) maintenance from a 30-year provider known for hardware maintenance and service quality thought leadership
- ISO 9001:2015 certified for Product Resale, meets SAE AS5553 Standards
- Trusted support provider to 42 federal agencies, including DOD
- Custom SLAs and SLA guidance to balance criticality with cost savings
- Proven supply chain experience leveraging our global network of Forward Stock Locations
- CMDB* with milestone date alerts so assets can be efficiently moved to less expensive independent support
- Ongoing consultation – a real, two-way partnership
* XSi’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
XSi’s proprietary CMDB allows clients to load all hardware assets (or just those under support), along with key data from any site audits, as well as critical hardware milestone dates (e.g. End-of-Life, End-of-Software-Maintenance, End-of-Support) so that clients have access to proactive business intelligence, helpful to ITAM best practices, as well as maximizing the value of hardware lifecycles and reducing TCO. Unlimited access to XSi’s CMDB is provided to all clients with an active MSA. CMDB details are closely tied to XSi’s Incident Management & Asset History Portal, complete with easy-to-use, pre-built reporting. However, custom reporting to meet clients’ specific needs are often requested and promptly made available.
Oracle/Sun/StorageTek Hardware Supported
The XSi Supported Products List is frequently updated throughout the year and kept current at the XSi website.
XSi Sun Storage Maintenance & Oracle Storage Support SLAs
Requests for customized Oracle storage support SLAs are always welcomed. XSi has a team of Sun/Oracle/STK-certified engineers (including L1, L2, L3/4 experts) providing 24x7x365 onsite and backline support coverage via the XSi Call Center.
XSi Sun Storage Levels of Support
XSi Oracle Storage Support Severity Matrix
Founded in 1990 and recognized by Gartner, XSi helps companies with their IT Lifecycle Services and Support. Services begin with the installation of new technology as well as de-installation, moving, consolidating, onsite disk wiping & destruction, IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) of legacy equipment, including resale or recycling. In addition, XSi provides lower-cost, Third Party Hardware Maintenance for installed models and extends the life of legacy, enterprise-brand servers, storage, network hardware and other devices, including UPS systems and supercomputers. XSi sells to federal agencies, System Integrators, Global 2000 Enterprises, OEMs, distributors, channel clients and partners. XSi is ISO9001:2015 Certified, with additional certifications soon to be announced.