Senior Network Engineer – Atlanta Area
XSi is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented and energetic person to help us grow our third-party hardware maintenance business. The primary function of the Senior Network Engineer position is to provide tier 2/3 troubleshooting and configuration assistance for Cisco and Juniper routing, switching and security hardware. The Senior Network Engineer (ideally in Greater Atlanta area), will also be responsible for sparing analyses to support client SLAs, assist in the development of additional support models (e.g. F5 and Riverbed), availability to travel to XSi Service Centers for onsite logistics/testing support. This senior level position will manage and provide mentorship to the current network engineering team as they progress in skills development.
- US Citizenship
- CCNP, CCIE or equivalent
- Solid experience in client support role. Willing to assist a client in real-time, via Webex.
- If not located in the Greater Atlanta area, willing to travel to XSi’s facility in Alpharetta, Georgia, whenever required to backfill for an engineer and/or when required to attend company meetings and functions.
- Available to be on-call on a 7×24 basis for occasional weeks
For this open position, we will only accept resumes from candidates with US Citizenship and (ideally) within commuting distance of northeast Atlanta.
Essential Functions: Senior Network Engineer – Atlanta Area
- Cisco TAC Team Leadership: Manage the global team of TAC professionals, establishing standards or processes in collaboration with the team, yet leading the team by example and ensuring that all team members adhere to standards and policies.
- TAC Support & Technical Expertise in Cisco Networking Equipment: Applicants must be comfortable with troubleshooting and problem resolution across multiple networking switch/router types and be able to communicate fix recommendations effectively from a remote position, via various phone technologies. This role will be responsible for the management of all Cisco incidents and be available 24×7 for urgent issues or incidents. An in-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, SMARTnet options and patch availability will be of great benefit.
- Lifecycle & Asset Assurance: As per the Vision of the VP, Service Delivery, and as per the particular requirements of each unique client, inventory management (for each client) will include shipping/receiving, parts testing, asset entitlement validations/documentation, but may also include relationship leadership with client-assigned hardware vendors or Business Partners. While primarily a technical position, asset management can involve asset organization/tagging and all elements of shipping & receiving – whether that be in supervisory capacity or “hands-on” when direct reports are unavailable.
- Account/Relationship Management: The Senior Network Engineer will need to establish solid client relationships and work to earn the trust that has been provided the company.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to knowing how to tactfully communicate directions. A “client first” attitude is inherent in every step a support engineer takes.
- Quick learner via knowledge sharing with peer Network Engineers.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Solid experience with one or more: Juniper, F5, Riverbed, Dell Networking
- Willingness to cross-train into additional technologies, such as storage
- Experience assisting other engineers with career development
Other Skills Needed:
- Communication Leadership: Must have clear and direct communication skills with other employees, direct manager(s) and clients. It is paramount that such communication must be focused continually on establishing and maintaining trust with all involved parties.
- Champion of Flexibility: Must have the ability to take careful direction and implement said direction. Must be willing to learn (and accept) new programs or advise in the development of better systems as directed from the managing supervisor.
- Champion of Service Quality: Ensure that current clients are provided with the highest quality service as well as contacted on a regular basis to evaluate satisfaction and areas of needed improvement.
- Team Player: An important element of our culture, being a Team Player is rooted in the commitment to success for all members of internal and external teams. Each of us is a resource to others on this team and in doing so, we are responsive, focused on helpfulness and respect for any team members needing support.
- Knowledge-Driven: Ideal candidates will have an innate desire to continually learn more, adding certifications at the direct support of the company, to the benefit of each new and existing client. Such training can and should include Asset/Inventory management “best practices” and tracking strategies, as the market and client needs continue to evolve.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of the MS Office Suite (including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Skilled in written and verbal communications – able to be easily understood.
Reasons You May Want to Join XSi:
- Competitive salary with exceptional healthcare benefits
- Regionally appropriate benefits and vacation
- We are a growing company with 30+ years in business!
- XSi has a remarkable record for both client and employee retention!
- We have an impressive list of clients, which include well-known, international companies and federal agencies
- Recognized and respected by global IT industry analyst, Gartner
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
About the Company, XSi
Founded in 1990 and recognized by Gartner, XSi helps companies deploy a hybrid hardware support model to save important hardware operating expense budget dollars. As an Independent Hardware Support Provider (an industry also known as Third Party Maintenance or 3rd Party Hardware Support), XSi provides hardware support options for networking hardware, servers and data storage assets. In addition to servicing enterprise accounts, it also supports Systems Integrators and federal agencies (XSi is ISO9001:2015 Certified for Product Resale, meets SAE AS5553 Standards, currently supports 42 federal agencies and all of the Top 10 Federal Systems Integrators).