Field Engineer – NE Atlanta Area
XSi is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented and energetic person to help us grow our third-party hardware maintenance business. The primary function of the Field Engineer (NE Atlanta), Data Center Services, position is to provide direct onsite L2 support of XSi’s server and storage maintenance delivery offering. The Field Engineer, Data Center Services, will be responsible for all server-storage-networking maintenance and service delivery in the local office (Alpharetta) geography while directly providing and ensuring exceptional levels of client satisfaction. In addition, this position will also be responsible for performing local office duties in which they reside.
- US Citizenship.
- High School diploma.
- Experience interfacing directly with Clients.
- Background in break/fix hardware service.
- Data Center (servers and storage) field operations and field service delivery with field service or central engineering experience for multiple OEMs (e.g. EMC/Dell, NetApp, HDS, Oracle/Sun/STK, HPE, IBM/Lenovo, or SGI) that exceeds 3 years.
For this open position, we will only accept resumes from candidates with US Citizenship and within commuting distance of the Northeast Atlanta (Alpharetta) metro area.
Essential Functions: Field Engineer – NE Atlanta (Alpharetta) Area
- Must be able to manage the client while executing repair activity, exhibiting excellent communication skills as well as securing client confidence in XSi’s ability to maintain their equipment.
- Will be client-focused and client-driven to deliver top-notch client service.
- Experience in variety of OEM mission critical products operating environment and peripherals to provide L2 field or remote support.
- Must have basic knowledge of OEM diagnostics, tools, and utilities to facilitate hardware service while meeting contractual client SLAs.
- An FE reviews new and existing contracts to ensure local office inventory sparing levels are maintained to meet SLA requirements.
- Executes site audits and on-boarding activity required for maintenance contracts.
- Work in the local office and warehouse to ensure that it is tidy, well maintained, regularly audited, and a safe environment for XSi personnel and guests.
- Assist with Professional Services engagements including ITAD hardware processing in the local office warehouse and SmartHands onsite at client locations.
- Aid in the deployment of “Call Home” or remote monitoring solutions at client locations.
- Attend appropriate internal and external training courses to ensure skills are current for the products under contract in local geography.
- Utilize tools, and content, within corporate intranet to deliver technical communications.
- Able to travel to and from client sites as required.
- Able to lift, push or carry objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Able to thrive in a team environment where resolutions may require a group effort and workload turnover is required while seamless to our clients.
- Strong telephone etiquette skills ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers. Active listening and written communication follow-up are just as necessary to knowing how to tactfully communicate directions. A “client first” attitude is inherent in every step a support engineer takes.
- Quick learner via knowledge sharing with peer Engineers.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience with the Hardware Maintenance Services business.
- Data Center (servers, storage, networking) field operations and field service delivery experience for multiple OEMs (e.g., HPE, IBM/Lenovo, EMC/Dell, NetApp, HDS, Oracle/Sun/STK or SGI) that exceeds 3 years.
- Possess the ability to be persuasive with clients, keeping “client satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
Other Skills Needed:
- Communication: Must have clear and direct communication skills with other employees, direct manager(s) and clients. It is paramount that such communication must be focused continually on establishing and maintaining trust with all involved parties.
- Champion of Flexibility: Must have the ability to take careful direction and implement said direction. Must be willing to learn (and accept) new programs or advise in the development of better systems as directed from the managing supervisor.
- Champion of Service Quality: Ensure that current clients are provided with the highest quality service as well as contacted on a regular basis to evaluate satisfaction and areas of needed improvement.
- Team Player: An important element of our culture, being a Team Player is rooted in the commitment to success for all members of internal and external teams. Each of us is a resource to others on this team and in doing so, we are responsive, focused on helpfulness and respect for any team members needing support.
- Knowledge-Driven: Ideal candidates will have an innate desire to continually learn more, adding certifications at the direct support of the company, to the benefit of each new and existing client. Such training can and should include Asset/Inventory management “best practices” and tracking strategies, as the market and client needs continue to evolve.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of the MS Office Suite (including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Skilled in written and verbal communications – able to be easily understood.
Reasons You May Want to Join XSi:
- Competitive salary with exceptional healthcare benefits
- Regionally appropriate benefits and vacation
- We are a growing company with 30+ years in business!
- XSi has a remarkable record for both client and employee retention!
- We have an impressive list of clients, which include well-known, international companies and federal agencies
- Recognized and respected by global IT industry analyst, Gartner
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
About the Company, XSi
Founded in 1990 and recognized by Gartner, XSi helps companies deploy a hybrid hardware support model to save important hardware operating expense budget dollars. As an Independent Hardware Support Provider (an industry also known as Third Party Maintenance), XSi provides hardware support options for networking hardware, servers and data storage assets. In addition to servicing enterprise accounts, it also supports Systems Integrators and federal agencies (XSi is ISO9001:2015 Certified, meets SAE AS5553 Standards, currently supports 42 federal agencies and all of the Top 10 Federal Systems Integrators).